TOPIC: Making sense of DNA data:
How can my DNA test tell me I have Ashkenazi, Sephardi or Mizrahi heritage?
Genealogical DNA testing has exploded in popularity over the last few years but you might be asking yourself how useful is it really and what does it all mean?
- What’s the difference between autosomal and mitochondrial testing?
- Should I upload my results to other services like GedMatch?
- How do I do this and what are the privacy implications?
- How do I work out how I’m related to the people who come up as my matches?
- Why are the percentages so small and what on earth is a centimorgan?
Dani Haski will work through the various aspects of genealogical DNA – what it is, the different testing regimes available, how to interpret your results and how to use some of the new tools available from the big players to climb new branches of your family tree. She will also discuss some of the big research projects on specific aspects of Jewish DNA.
DATE: Sunday May 19, 2019
TIME: 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM
LOCATION: Waverley Library,
48 Denison Street
BONDI JUNCTION, NSW 2022